Maccabi World Union makes every possible effort and invests a lot of resources in order to provide all its customers with an equal, respectable, accessible and professional service. In accordance with the Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities Law 1998 and regulations enacted under it, many efforts and resources are invested in making the necessary accessibility adjustments that will enable a person with a disability to receive the services provided to all customers, independently and equitably.
Arrangements for accessibility of buildings
The following are the existing accessibility arrangements at the reception center at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel - 7 Peretz Bernstein St., Ramat Gan.
- Accessible entrance - all buildings and facilities have an accessible entrance and / or ramp and / or overhang threshold
- Accessible paths - paths built of hard and stable material, without bumps
- Accessible service stand / accessible desk adapted for people with mobility disabilities
- Adjusted waiting areas, benches and furniture that complies with the accessibility instructions
- Inspirational loop in positions / service counters for use by people with hearing impairments
- Accessible toilet cubicles
- Accessible parking lots are scattered throughout Kfar Maccabiah, including parking for high cars
- Accessible elevators
- Orientation and identification signs
- Accessible internet stand
- Voice guidance for the visually impaired and blind (via the Righthear app)
- Rooms at the hotel adapted for people with disabilities
- Halls and lecture rooms adapted according to the needs of people with disabilities
- Swimming pool adapted for people with disabilities and water drop-off facility
- There is a sequence of access from the parking lot through the entrance to the reception center (including elevators).
- Service animals that assist a person with disabilities are allowed in the reception center.
- If needed, you can contact the service representatives at the hotel reception to get assistance in filling out forms.
Accessible customer service
- Employee training for accessible service - training is held to get to know the field of accessibility, create awareness among employees and provide practical tools for providing accessible service.
- Accessible call center - the call routers and telephone customer service centers of Kfar Maccabiah are accessible. In these services, the call router does not have background music, and the text is played at a slow pace and in simple language.
- Telephone service center: 03-6715715 For information about accessibility, please contact the accessibility coordinator, Amnon Okrat.
- Voice guidance: A “Righthear” system for directing the visually impaired has been installed throughout Kfar Maccabiah complex. The sensors installed provide voice guidance to the visually impaired and blind through an App connected to the mobile phone. To activate the service, download the application to your cell phone.
- Additional means of contact - There are several additional means of contact:
- Contact us on the website - https://www.maccabi.org/en/contact-us
- Contact by mail: Maccabi World Union, Kfar Maccabiah, Peretz Bernstein 7, Ramat Gan.
- Reading written information (up to 3 pages) will be done in Kfar Maccabiah at request. To read a document exceeding 3 pages, you can coordinate in advance with the management of Kfar Maccabiah.
- Oral information - will be handwritten or displayed on a printed page.
- Hearing aid (inspiration loop).
- Requests for access for information in other formats (accessible digital files / enlarged files / voice files / braille and others): a customer who has difficulty receiving service by phone, is welcome to send an email or fax, according to the restrictions and actions currently approved for faxing, with our company management. You can view the fax number / email address of the requested service (hotel, events, sports club, etc.) on the relevant website.
- ATM accessibility and self-service stations: ATM facility and self-service stations (self-selling machines) have been adapted for access and operation by people with various disabilities, all in accordance with the law, regulations and accessibility standards.
An accessible website is a site that allows people with disabilities and older people to surf with the same level of efficiency and enjoyment as all surfers, about 20 to 25 percent of the population have difficulty using the Internet and may benefit from more accessible Internet content, according to a 2003 study by Microsoft.
Maccabi World Union believes and works for equal opportunities in the Internet space for people with various disabilities and people who use technology assistance for using the computer.
Website accessibility information
- This site meets the requirements of the Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities (Accessibility Adjustments to the Service) Regulations, 2013.
- The accessibility adjustments were made in accordance with the recommendations of the Israeli Standard (I.S. 5568) for accessibility of content on the Internet at AA level and the international WCAG2.0 document.
- The tests have been tested for the highest compatibility for Chrome browser.
- The site provides a semantic structure for assistive technologies and support for the common usage for operating with a keyboard using the arrow keys, Enter and Esc to exit menus and windows.
- Suitable for display in common browsers and for use on mobile phones.
- For the best browsing experience with screen reading software, we recommend using the latest NVDA software.
- Documents or videos uploaded to the site before October 2017 may not be fully accessible. If you come across such a document or video, you can contact the Accessibility Coordinator at Kfar Maccabiah and we will make sure to make the information accessible to you.
- Delivery of information in an accessible format - the company provides its customers with the option of receiving information in accessible formats. The provision of information is free of charge and is intended for people with disabilities. For inquiries and information regarding accessibility, you can contact the accessibility coordinator of the company, the details of which appear later in this document.
Ways to contact requests and suggestions for improving accessibility
It should be noted that we continue our efforts to improve the accessibility of the company as part of our commitment to enable the entire population including people with disabilities getting the most accessible service.
Should you encounter any problem or malfunction regarding accessibility, we will be happy for you to update us and we will make every effort to find a suitable solution for you and address the malfunction as soon as possible.
Contact details (H3) with the accessibility coordinator of Kfar Maccabiah:
Amnon Okrat - Accessibility Coordinator
Phone: +972-3-6715887 (message can be left on the answering machine)
Address: Kfar Maccabiah, 7 Peretz Bernstein St., Ramat Gan
Publication of the Declaration of Accessibility
The accessibility statement was updated on: 23.7.2020