The Eeventh Maccabiah: 5741
July 6 to July 16, 1981
- 3,150 athletes representing thirty three countries competed in 32 events.
- Fourteen new Maccabiah records were set in track and field, sixteen in swimming, and eight in the various marksmenship competitions.
- Leading Israeli swimmers included Lior Birkin
- Madar Rubinstein (women)
- Amit Daniel
- Ron Kerman
- Yoram Kochavi
- Yaron Elati (men)
- Andy Zaltzman
- Yair Karmi, record breaker in the 10,000 meter race
- Aryeh Gamliel
- Manny Rosenberg
- Yoav Meckel (sprint)
- Zvi Lauder (long distance running)
- The American athlete Brian Mendstein set impressive records in the 400 meter hurdle race (52.07 seconds) and decathlon
- The British athlete Gary Wilson (Gold Medal for the 100 meter race) was crowned The Fastest Jew in the World
- Outstanding tennis players were Shlomo Glickstein who ranked forty ninth in the world at the time
- Lonni Gilbert, who competed at the Tenth Maccabiah and ranked seventy second in the world on the list for women.
Joining the Party: Countries who participated for the first time
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Two Egyptian observers came for the water polo tournament.
Say Hello: New Sports Competition