The Fourth Maccabiah: 5714
September 22 to September 29, 1953
- 19 events with 892 athletes from 23 countries
- Most of the competitions were in track and field events (100 participants from 16 nations) and swimming (72 competitors from 13 countries).
Notable Athletes and Winners
- Future Wimbledon champion Angela Buxton
- Canadian wrestler Fred Oberlander won the Eliyahu Savislotsky Medal, presented for the first time to the outstanding athlete of the Maccabiah. This prize was awarded at all subsequent Maccabiot.
- Gymnast Abe Grossfeld (6 Gold Medals)
- Israeli swimmer Shoshana Rivner (2 Gold Medals)
- Broad jump winner David Kushner
- Perry Vavbrian (shot put throw)
- Harry Laskow (walking)
- Bob Richards (Olympic pole vault champion)
- Harrison Dillard (110 meter hurdle race)
- Roy Romaine
- Diver Peter Eliot.
Joining the Party: Countries who participated for the first time
Say Hello: New Sports Competition
Saying Goodbye: Categories From Previous Maccabiot That Were Left Out
- Grass hockey