The Second Maccabiah: 5695 April 2 to April 10, 1935
- 1,250 sportsmen and women from 28 countries participated in the Second Maccabiah, competing in 18 events
- At the last moment, a sizable delegation from Germany surprised the Maccabiah organizers by announcing that they had received permission to join in the Games.
- For the last time in many years, delegations arrived form Central and Eastern Europe Estonia, Danzig, Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungary and from Arab lands Morocco, Libya, Egypt and Syria.
- The British limited the number of certificates to Eretz Israel at the time, and as a result, many participants, mainly from Bulgaria and Poland, used the Maccabiah as an opportunity to make Aaliyah. Even the Bulgarian band, which performed at the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, remained to the last man.
- Thanks to the Second Maccabiah, Eretz Israel got its first swimming pool (50 meters long) in the Bat Galim neighborhood of Haifa.
- Lillian Copeland - who won Gold Medals for the discus throw (37.38 meters), javelin throw (36.92 meters) and shot put (12.32 meters.)
Joining the Party: Countries who participated for the first time
- South Africa
Say Hello: New Sports Competition
Saying Goodbye: Categories from Previous Maccabiot That Were Left Out
- Equestrian skills