Last Update 28/07/16Organization
- The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Lacrosse competitions of the 20th Maccabiah.
- The Lacrosse competitions will be conducted according to the rules of the Federation of International Lacrosse. (F.I.L)
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah, and is registered for the Lacrosse competitions.
- Each country may enter one team for the females' open competition, one team for males' competition, one team for youth boys (1999-2000) and one team for the junior girls' junior (1999-2002) competition.
- Each team for the Lacrosse competitions may consist of a minimum of 12 players and a maximum of 18 players.
- Each team must bring two sets of game shirts in different colors to each game.
- The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Lacrosse competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
- Each game will be played 60 minutes, 2 periods of 30 minutes each with a break of 10 minutes.
- Games will played according to the international dimensions:
Size of field 110 m X 60 m (120.30 yard X 65.62 yard)
- Goal crease radius 3 m (3.28 yard)
- Space behind the goal 12 m (13.12 yard)
- Substitution area or gate 13 m (14.22 yard)
- Centre face-off X to wing line and goal line to men’s restraining line remain essentially the same but the measurement has been adjusted to metric.
- Additional field length is added to the centre of the field between the 2 restraining lines and the additional width is added between the wing lines and the sidelines.
- Size of field 110m x 60m
- Restraining line 25m
- Space behind goal 12m
- Team bench area 18.5m
The games will be played with balls as specified in the International Rules and Regulations.System of competition
With the participation of up to 3 teams:
- The competitions will be played on a league basis of a single round robin.
- The winner of each match will be awarded two points, and the loser no points. In the event of technical loss the result of the match will be 12-0.
- If a game is stopped by the referee because of disciplinary foul and the goal difference at the time of stoppage is more than 12, the result of the game will be confirmed, if the Disciplinary Committee will convict the team for the foul causing the stoppage of the game.
- In the event of two teams obtaining the same number of points, classification will be determined according to the F.I.L. tiebreaker formula.
- Following the round-robin, the second and third place teams will compete in a playoff match.
- The winner of the playoff match will compete against the first place team for the title “20th Maccabiah Champion”.
The draw of the teams in the groups will be a public draw for slots “Team A”, “Team B” and “Team C”:
- Day 1 Team A vs. Team B
- Day 2 Team A vs. Team C
- Day 3 Team B vs. Team C
- Day 4 Playoff Game: #3 vs. #2
- Day 5 Championship Game: #3/#2 winner vs. #1
The Sport Department will select an Umpires’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the umpires of the competition.General
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the "Basic Regulations", the regulations written here will apply and be binding.