Last update 12/03/2017Organization
- The Wrestling Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Wrestling competitions of the 20th Maccabiah.
- The Wrestling competitions will be conducted according to the United World Wrestling rules.
- All athletes taking part in the Maccabiah Games must have a valid UWW licence of the year and to be registered for the Wrestling competitions via their National Wrestling Federation.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah, and is registered for the Wrestling competitions
- According to the UWW Regulations each participating country must include in his Delegation UWW licenced referee(s)..
- The Wrestling competition will be held in two styles: Greco-Roman and Freestyle. Wrestlers will be allowed to compete in both styles
- Each country may enter a maximum of three (3) wrestlers in each weight category and in each style as indicated in paragraph. D above. In each category there must be a minimum of three (3) countries entered.
- Minimum age for wrestlers in the competition is 18 years old (Athlete’s age as of December 31st. 2017).
- Competitions will be held according to the following weight categories:
Venues and times
The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Wrestling competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.System of competition
- The Wrestling competitions will be conducted according to the United World Wrestling updated rules.
- In the event of two wrestlers achieving the same number of points in the league, the winner will be determined by a contest between the two.
- The Wrestling Committee will select a Referees’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the referees of the competition.
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in “Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures”.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the “Basic Regulations”, the regulations written here will apply and be binding.