wheelchair basketball regulations
WHEELCHAIRS BASKETBALL REGULATIONS
Last update 1/11/16
- The Paralympic Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Wheelchairs Basketball competitions of the 20th
- The Wheelchairs Basketball competitions will be conducted according to the IWBF Rules and Regulations, the English text will be binding.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and is registered for the Wheelchairs Basketball competitions.
- Athletes without an official international disability classification can apply for a classification in Israel before the competitions. All medical documentations need to be submitted in advance and confirm that the minimum criteria have been met.
2. Venues and times
- The sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Wheelchairs Basketball competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
3. Game ball
The games will be played with IWBF approved official balls.
4. System of competition
- There will be four (4) teams competing in the tournament:
- The United States of America
- A mixed team from other delegations
- Israel team A
- Israel team b
*if necessary, the first two teams can add Israeli players.
5. The tournament will be held in as a single round robin competition.
The teams ranked 1-2 will play in the final, while the teams ranked 3-4 will play for the bronze medal.
*There will be no points limitation on the court for the teams' formation on the court.
6. Option of a 3X3 tournament
- The pool of players registered for the wheelchairs basketball competitions, will be the database to form teams that will compete in the 3X3 wheelchair basketball tournament, without points limitation.
- The teams will be formed according to the players' game level, in order to form, as much as possible, groups of a similar game level.
- The 3X3 wheelchair basketball tournament will be conducted according to the IWFB rules and the Israeli Paralympic Committee.
- The draw of the teams in the groups will be a public draw.
- Paralympic Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will select a Referees’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the referees of the competition.
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in he "Basic Regulations", the regulations written here will prevail, apply and be binding.