Last update 29/06/16
- The Triathlon Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Triathlon competitions of the 20th
- The Triathlon competitions will be conducted according to the rules of the International Triathlon Association (I.T.U).
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and registered the Triathlon competitions.
- Each country may enter an unlimited number of athletes for each age group.
- The competition will be in the Olympic distances, i.e., 1.5km swim, 40km cycling and 10km run. The first two age groups will compete in the “sprint” distance, i.e., 0.75km Swim, 20km cycling, 5km run.
The Bike section is Non-drafting.
Venues and times
The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Triathlon competition and teams will be notified accordingly.
Male & Female:
- 16 – 17
- 18 – 19
- 20 – 24
- 25 – 29
- 30 – 34
- 35 – 39
- 40 – 44
- 45 – 49
- 50 –54
- 55 – 59
- 60 – 64
- 65 – 69
When there are less than 3 competitors and not two countries the age group will be merged with the group immediately below as for example if we do not have at least 3 competitors from 2 countries in the 40-44 age group they will compete for metals in the 35-39 age group.
The Triathlon Committee will select a Referees’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the marshals of the competition.
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in “Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures”.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the “Basic Regulations”, the regulations written here will apply and be binding.
- The use of helmet is compulsory.
- Athletes are prohibited from wearing any wet suit during competition.