TABLE TENNIS REGULATIONS
Last update 29/06/16
- The Table Tennis Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Table Tennis competitions of the 20th
- The composition of the Table Tennis Committee during the games will be as follows: The Observer (Chairman), The Referee, a representative from the Israel Tennis Table Association and 2 representatives from the participant countries that will be elected in the Technical Meeting that will be held just before the beginning of the competition.
- The Table Tennis competitions will be conducted in accordance with the current Laws of Table Tennis and the Regulations for International competitions, which is published by the ITTF.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and registered the Table Tennis competitions.
- Each participating country may enter up to five male players and five female players for Open events, five boys players and five girls players for Juniors (1999-2002), five male players and five female players (40-59) for Masters events and five male players and five female players (60+) for Masters events .
- A country wishing to enter players, shall list its nominated players in a descending order of strength (the best -#1, and so on) in Entry Form No.3.
Venues and times
- The Table Tennis Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Table Tennis competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
The number of competition days and the exact schedule for each day will be created and published separately. The schedule will be prepared based on the number of participants and the number of tables that will be available in the playing hall.
- The Draw for the team events will be done by the Referee, under the supervision of the observer just before the beginning of the competition. The place and time will be finalized and published towards the start of the 20th
- The draw for the individual events will be done at the end of the Team events.
- Tables: Type and color will be finalized towards the start of the 20th
- Nets: Type and color will be finalized towards the start of the 20th
- Balls: Type and color will be finalized towards the start of the 20th
- All rackets covering must be of a type currently authorized by the ITTF.
- The Table Tennis Committee is authorized to change the type of equipment if necessary and its decision will be final.
Event 1: Males' Team
Event 2: Female' Team
Event 3: Junior-boys' Team
Event 4: Junior-girls' Team
Event 5 Masters' Team (40+)
Event 6: Masters' Team (60+)
Event 1: Males' Singles
Event 2: Females' Singles
Event 3: Males'/Females' Masters Singles (40+)
Event 4 Males'/ Females' Masters Singles (60+)
Event 5: Junior-boys’ Singles
Event 6: Junior-girls’ Singles
Event 7: Males' Doubles
Event 8 Females' Doubles
Event 9: Mixed Doubles
Event 10: Male Masters' doubles (40+)
Event 11: Male Masters' doubles (60+)
Event 12: Junior-boys’ Doubles
Event 13: Junior-girls’ Doubles
Event 14: Junior Mixed Doubles
A Consolation event will be held for the losers in the first and second rounds of the singles events (Individual Events 1-5). This Consolation event will be held only if there are at least 16 players in the first round of the event.
There will be no draw for the Consolation event. The draw will be determined from the main event according to the “Double knock-out” system.
The consolation events will not be part of the official Maccabiah events.
- Each player is entitled to play only in one team event.
- According to his team event, each player is entitled to play in the individual events that are parallel to that team event according his/her age (athlete playing in Juniors Team event may participate only in Juniors Single, Doubles or Mixed doubles events).
- In double events, a pair can be comprised of two players from different countries.
System of Play
- Team Events will be played on a combined system of groups and knock-out basis.
Only the Males' team event will be played according to the following systems:
Best of 5 matches (5 singles)
A team shall consist of 3 players.
The order of play shall be A v X, B v Y, C v Z. A v Y, B v X.
- All other Team events will be played according to the following system:
Best of 5 matches (4 singles and 1 doubles)
A team shall consist of 2, 3, or 4 players.
The order of play shall be A v X, B v Y, a doubles, A v Y, B v X.
- In a Team event with more than 5 teams, they will be divided into groups; Each group must have at least 3 teams and it is recommended not to have more. than 5 teams.
- The team finished 1st in that event in the 19th Maccabiah will be ranked No.1.
The team finished 2nd in that event in the 19th Maccabiah will be ranked No.2.
The team finished 3rd in that event in the 19th Maccabiah will be ranked No.3.
The team finished 4th in that event in the 19th Maccabiah will be ranked No.4.
REMARK: In the event that one of the above mentioned teams did not participate in the 19th Maccabiah, the next team in line from the 19th Maccabiah will be ranked accordingly.
- If a team consists of at least one world ranked player, it can become ranked.
- The First Stage in the team event will be a Groups Competition.
- The System of play in the groups will be a Round Robin System.
- Positions in the Groups competitions will be calculated according to the International Table Tennis Regulations No. 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
- In case of more than 1 Group in the Team event there will be a Second Stage.
- The Second (and final) Stage will be played on a knockout basis.
- All the teams qualified in places 1-2 in their groups will play for 1-2X places (where X is the number of groups in the First Stage), 3-4 places teams will play for places 2X + 1 – 4X and so on.
- The knockout draw for the Second Stage will be done during the draw for the First Stage and will be based on the number of groups and the number of participants in each group
- Individual events will be played with 2 stages:
- First stage: round robin. The players in the singles events will be draw for groups, in 2, 4 or 8 groups. Each group will include between 3-5 players.
- Second stage: 2 players, the winner and the second place from each group qualified for second stage - will be played in Knock-out system.
- In first stage the games will be the best of 5 games. The males' singles event and females' singles event will be played in best of 7 games only in the second stage.
All other individual events will be played in best of five games in the second stage.
No Consolation events will be played in round robin system.
- The draw for the individual events will be based on:
- Last Maccabiah results, as the players who got to the quarter finals and forward, will be draw first
- Current world ranking
- Seeding by countries nomination.
- Except of these three, the draw will be random.
female) can represent a country.
19. In all events there will be a match for the third place.
20. All decisions regarding the ranking of the teams or players are under the Referee’ jurisdiction and all his decisions on this matter will be
All appeals will be managed according to Regulations No. 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 from the Regulations for International competitions.
The Table Tennis Organizing Committee will appoint the referees of the competition.
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in “Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures”.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the “Basic Regulations”, the regulations written here will apply and be binding.