open water swimming
open water swimming regulations
Last update 28/07/16Organization
- The Open Water Swimming Competition is a discipline within the swimming competitions of the 20th Maccabiah.
- The Swimming Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Swimming competitions of the 20th Maccabiah.
- The Swimming competitions will be conducted according to the rules of the International Swimming Federation (F.I.N.A.).
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah, and is registered for the Swimming competitions.
- Open Water Swim: Each country may enter unlimited number of swimmers in each age category event: Open: 18-29; Masters: 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+.
- There will be a junior's competition: Boys: 2001-2003, Girls: 2001-2004.
Venues and times
- The sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and timetables of the Swimming competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
- The Open Water Swim competitions will be held in an outdoor body of water that meets the requirements of International Rules.
Open Water Swim: Competitions during the Maccabiah will be held in the following events (each race will be run as direct final):
- 5k race
- 1.5k race
System of competition
- In Open Water, the Organizing Committee reserves the result to combine the starts. Medals will be awarded according categories.
- Appeals will be presented to the Committee of Appeals of the Swimming events, not later than 15 minutes after the announcement of the disqualification.
The Swimming Committee will select a Referees’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the judges of the competition.General
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in “Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures”.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the “Basic Regulations”, the regulations written here will apply and be binding.