- The Judo Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Judo competitions of the 20th Maccabiah.
- The Judo competitions will be conducted according to the rules of the International Judo Federation. The English text will be binding
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah, and is registered for the Judo competitions.
- In the Team Events there must be a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 7 in the Males' and Masters' competition, 4-8 in the Females' competition, 4-10 in the Juniors Boys and girls (1999-2002) from each country, one for each weight category.
- A Team may raise a competitor in one weight category while competing against one team and bring him back to his own weight category, while competing against another.
- A Team may appoint a competitor in a competition against one team and another competitor in a competition against another team.
- In the Open and Masters Individual events each competitor may take part in only one weight category listed. In each category there must be a minimum of three (3) countries entered. Each country may enter a maximum of three (3) competitors in each category.
- In Juniors Individual events each competitor may take part in only one weight category listed. In each category there must be a minimum of three (3) countries entered. Each country may enter a maximum of two (2) competitors. There must be a minimum number of three (3) competitors in each weight category.
- Competitions will be held between contestants according to the following weight categories:
Male Open & Masters (35+): Female:
- Up to 60 Kgs 1. Up to 44 Kgs
- Over 60 Kgs up to 66 Kgs 2. Over 44 Kgs up to 48 Kgs
- Over 66 Kgs up to 73 Kgs 3. Over 48 Kgs up to 52 Kgs
- Over 73 Kgs up to 81 Kgs 4. Over 52 Kgs up to 57 Kgs
- Over 81 Kgs up to 90 Kgs 5. Over 57 Kgs up to 63 Kgs
- Over 90 Kgs up to 100 Kgs 6. Over 63 Kgs up to 70 Kgs
- Over 100 Kgs 7. Over 70 Kgs up to 78 Kgs
- Over 78 Kgs
Juniors boys: Juniors Girls:
- Up to 43 Kgs 1. Up to 44
- Over 43 Kgs up to 46 Kgs 2. Over 44 Kgs up to 48 Kgs
- Over 46 Kgs up to 50 Kgs. 3. Over 48 Kgs up to 52 Kgs
- Over 50 Kgs up to 55 Kgs 4. Over 52 Kgs up to 57 Kgs
- Over 55 Kgs up to 60 Kgs 5. Over 57 Kgs up to 63 Kgs
- Over 60 Kgs up to 66 Kgs 6. Over 63 Kgs up to 70 Kgs
- Over 66 Kgs up to 73 Kgs 7. Over 70 Kgs
- Over 73 Kgs up to 81 Kgs
- Over 81 Kgs up to 90 Kgs
- Over 90 Kgs.
- Duration of contests shall be as follows:
Males: 5 minutes net
Females: 5 minutes net
Junior: 4 minutes net
Important: Minimum 3 countries in each weight category, with an exception as mentioned in par. g above.
Venues and times
The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Judo competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
System of competition (by IJF)
Contests in categories consisting of 3, 4 or 5 contestants (or teams, in team competition) will be in the round robin system. Placing shall be determined by the number of wins, In case of an equality of wins, the placing will be by points (Ippon = 10, Waza-ari = 7, Yuko = 5, Koka = 3, Hantai= 1, Hikiwake =0). If two contestants have gained an equal number of points and wins, the higher placing shall be awarded to the contestant who had beaten his adversary in their contest.
Knockout with repechage.
Should a team or individual cease to play in the competition, or be suspended before the competition is completed, all scoring of such a team or individual will be cancelled and invalid.
Team competitions will be held after the individual competitions.
- The Judo Committee will be appointing a Referees’ Committee that in turn will appoint the referees of the competition.
- The referees of the competitions will be of “A”, “B” and senior national licensed.
- If not enough “A” and “B” referees will be available, the Organizing Committee will use National Referees from the hosting country.
- Decisions taken by the Referee and Judges on the mat are final. The Refereeing Committee nominated for the day of the competition has the authority to change all decision according to the regulations.
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the "Basic Regulations", the regulations written here will apply and be binding.