Last update 16/3/2017
- The Gymnastics Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Gymnastics competitions of the 20th Maccabiah
- The Gymnastics competitions will be conducted according to the rules of the International Gymnastics Federation (F.I.G). Code: 2017-2020
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and is registered for the Gymnastics competitions.
Each country may enter one team of 6 males/boys (Senior / Junior) for the males'/boys' competitions, one team of 6 females/girls (Senior / Junior) for the females'/girls' competition.
Team composition will consist of: 6 gymnasts, performing 5 exercises, 4 of them will count towards the total team score.
Countries that cannot participate with complete teams may participate with
1-3 individual gymnasts.
A country cannot participate with full team and individuals. The participation is either of team or individuals.Age of participants
Women's/ seniors (2001 and older)
Women's/ juniors (2002-2004)
Men/ seniors (1999 and older)
Men/ juniors ( 2000-2003)Venues and times
- The sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Gymnastics competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
- The competitions will be held in Gymnastics halls, according to the rules of the International Gymnastic Federation.
- Competition for males: Composed of one optional exercise on the 6 apparatus in accordance with the Olympic selection: Floor exercise, Pommel Horse, Rings, Vault, Parallel Bars, Horizontal Bar.
- Competition for females: Composed of one optional exercise on the 4 apparatus in accordance with the Olympic selection: Vault, Uneven Bars, Beam, Floor exercise.
- Competition for junior boys: Composed of one optional exercise on the 6 apparatus in accordance with the Olympic selection: Floor exercise, Pommel House, Rings, Vault, Parallel Bars, Horizontal Bar
- Competition for junior girls: Composed of one optional exercise on the 4 apparatus in accordance with the Olympic selection: Vault, Uneven Bars, Beam, Floor exercise
- Competition C1 (qualification) will decide team (Open and Junior) and individual all-around winners (Open and junior).
- Competition C III will decide the individual winners on each apparatus.
- The OC will decide according the number/level the system of the final- C III.
- Team Competition : The winning team will be decided by totaling the results of the 4 best scores on each apparatus in competition C I
All around (1-3) winner: will be decided according the result in competition CI
- The all-round champion will be decided according to the results obtained by each gymnast on all apparatus together, in competition C I.
- Individual apparatus competition will be decided according to the results obtained by the gymnasts in competition C I, no more than 2 gymnasts per country will participate, up to 8 gymnasts. If more than 8 gymnasts will have the same score, all of the gymnasts will participate in the individual apparatus.
- Scoring will be implemented according to the regulations of the International Gymnastics Federations, code 2017-2020
- In case of low number of participants and / or insufficient level, the organizing committee might decide to organize a common Open and Juniors Final (Competition III)
* To make the Vault Final- in competition C I only one Vault is required, and only one Vault is required in the Final.Judges
The Gymnastics Committee will appoint a Judges’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the judges of the competition. Each country is invited to propose up to two (2) international judges F.I.G brevet, the host country will complete judges according the no. of necessary judges.General
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in “Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures”.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the “Basic Regulations”, the regulations written here will apply and be binding.
It is clarified that the conditions, as well as the decision to hold any Final Competition (if and when such competitions take place), will be determined solely by the Organizing Committee to its discretion.