- The Futsal Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Futsal competitions of the 20th
- The Futsal competitions shall be subject to the Futsal Rules and Regulations of the F.I.F.A., and the English text will be binding.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and registered the Futsal competitions.
- Each country may enter one team only for the Open Futsal competitions, one team only for the Masters (35+) Futsal competitions, one team for the Youth (2001-2002) Futsal competitions and one team for the junior's boys (1999-2000) and one team for junior girls (1999-2002) Futsal competitions.
- Each team may consist of 12 certified players.
- Each team must bring two sets of game shirts in different colors to each game.
Venues and times
The Sport department Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Futsal competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
The games will be played with “FIFA approved” Futsal balls.
Players sent from the field of play will automatically be suspended as follows:-
- Serious foul play – the next game
- Violent conduct – the next 2 games
- Spitting at an opponent or any other person – the next 2 games
- Denying the opposition a goal scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball – the next 1 game
- Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick – the next game.
- Using offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures – the next 2 games.
- Receiving a second caution in the same match – the next game.
- A player who is reported by the referee for misconduct after the match – the next 2 Games
A player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.
System of competition
SYSTEM A: With the participation of up to 7 teams;
- The competitions will be played on a league basis of a single round robin.
- The winner of each game will be awarded two points, the loser no points and in case of a draw, each team will be awarded one point
- Ranking shall be determined as follows:
- Greater number of points obtained;
- Goal difference in all matches;
- Greater number of goals scored in all matches;
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their place shall be determined as follows:
- Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the team concerned;
- Goal difference resulting from the matches between the teams concerned;
- Greater number of goals scored in the matches between the teams concerned;
- Drawing lots by the Football Committee.
5. The teams in places 3 and 4 in the league will compete for the third place.
6. The rest of the teams will be placed according to their league order.
SYSTEM B: With the participation of 8-12 teams;
- The teams will be divided into 2 groups: The first team in the 19th Maccabiah will head group A. The second team in the 19th Maccabiah will head group B.
- The teams placed third and fourth in the 19th Maccabiah will be drawn for second place in the groups. All the other teams will be placed in the groups by a draw.
- In the event that after the draw, one or more teams will not appear and a situation arises whereby a group is short of two teams, the team drawn last will be moved from one group to another.
- Teams will be classified in their groups according to their achievements, as described in system A.
- The semi-final games will be played on the Cross system, i.e., the team placed first in Group A will play against the team placed second in Group B and the team placed second in Group A will play against the team placed first in Group B.
- The two winning teams in the semi-finals will play in the final game for 1st and 2nd places, and the two losing teams in the semi-finals will play for 3rd and 4th
- The teams placed 3rd and 4th in each group will play on the same system for places 5-8.
SYSTEM C: With the participation of 13-15 teams;
- The teams will be divided into 3 groups.
- Group A will be headed by the first in the 19th Maccabiah, and will include also the team placed 6th in the 19th
- Group B will be headed by the second in the 19th Maccabiah, and will include also the team placed 5th in the 19th
- Group C will be headed by the third in the 19th Maccabiah, and will include also the team placed 4th in the 19th
- The rest of the teams will be seeded in the groups by a draw.
REMARK: If any of the top six (6)* seeded teams (according to standings at the 19th Maccabiah) do not participate in the relevant competition at the 20th Maccabiah, then the vacancy or vacancies will be filled first by moving up the participating seeded teams and then the remaining vacancies of the top six seeded placements will be filled, in order, in accordance with the final standings at the 19th Maccabiah up to 8th place. Should there still be any vacancies the places will be filled by a draw among the remaining teams in the competition. Both the Junior and Youth competitions will use seeding in accordance with the final standings of the junior competition at the 19th Maccabiah.
In case of 13 teams, Group A will consist in 5 teams, Group B 4 teams and Group C 4 teams.
In case of 14 teams, Group A and B will consist in 5 teams and Group C 4 teams.
In case of 15 teams, Groups A, B and C will consist in 5 teams.
- The first round will be a one-round league system and the teams will be placed accordingly in each group as described in SYSTEM A (a + b)
- The Quarter-finals will include 8 teams as follows:
- The winners and runners up of each group (=6), plus the
- The two best 3rd placed teams according to their record as described in System A.
In case of 13 teams, the game between the team placed 3rd in Group A and the team placed 5th in that Group in the league will not count for the purpose of determining the best 3rd placed team(s) only.
In case of 14 teams, the game between the team placed 3rd in Groups A and B, and the teams placed 5th in those Groups in the league will not count for the purpose of determining the best 3rd placed team(s) only.
The Quarter Finals will be played on a knock-out system to be drawn as follows:-
The winners of Groups A (QF 1), B (QF 2), C (QF 3) and best runner-up (QF 4)* according to System A (a + b), will each be drawn against the remaining 4 qualifying teams in such a way that they cannot be drawn against a team from the same group. The procedure to be followed is as follows:-
The names of the 3 group winners plus the best runner up will be put in bowl #1 and the remainder in bowl #2. One team is drawn out of bowl #1 and the team(s) in bowl #2 from the same group will be removed and the drawn made. The names of the team(s) removed from bowl #2 will then be replaced and the procedure repeated until all 4 games are drawn.
* In the event of 13 or 14 teams the runners up will not include the game against the 5th placed team for purpose of determining best runner up only.
8. In the Semi Finals teams will play as follow:
Winner Quarter Final 1 – Winner Quarter Final 3
Winner Quarter Final 2 – Winner Quarter Final 4
- Loser Semi-final 1 – Loser Semi-final 2 for places 3-4.
- Winner Semi-final 1 – Winner Semi-final 2 in the Final game for places 1-2.
team does not fulfill its play-off game, the game will be awarded to its opponent.
SYSTEM D: With the participation of 16 or more teams;
- Teams will be divided into 4 groups with the 8 leading teams from the 19th Maccabiah heading the Groups as follows:
Group A: 1st and 8th from the 19th Maccabiah.
Group B: 2nd and 7th from the 19th Maccabiah.
Group C: 3rd and 6th from the 19th Maccabiah.
Group D: 4th and 5th from the 19th Maccabiah.
The rest of the teams will be seeded into the groups by a draw.
In the event that there are vacancies due to the non-participation of any of the top 8 placed teams, the vacancy will be filled by moving up the existing seeded teams and any further vacancies will be filled by open draw.
- The Quarter-finals will include 8 teams (the two first placed in the league) and will play in a Knock out System as follows:
1st Group A – 2nd. Group C
1st Group B – 2nd Group D
1st Group C – 2nd Group A
1st Group D – 2nd Group B
- In the Semi Finals teams will play as follow:
Winner Quarter-final 1 – Winner Quarter-final 2
Winner Quarter-final 3 – Winner Quarter-final 4
- Games for places 1 to 4 will be held as follows:
Loser Semi-final 1 – Loser Semi-final 2 for places 3-4.
Winner Semi-final 1 – Winner Semi-final 2 in the Final game for places 1-2.
- Parallel to the final games, losers in the quarterfinals will play for places 5-8, as described in paragraph (c + d). In the event that a team does not fulfill its play-off game, the game will be awarded to its opponent.
The draw of the teams in the groups will be a public draw.
Duration of game
- Each game will last 40 minutes – two periods of 20 minutes with a break of 10 minutes.
- In the final stages (Quarter-finals, Semi-finals and Final), if after 40 minutes a game will end in a draw, extra time – 2 periods of 5 minutes (net.) each – will be added. A break of 5 minutes will be given after the 40 minutes, but not between the two periods of the extra time.
- If after the extra time the draw still exists, the winner of the game will be decided by a free kick competition from a 6 meters mark. Each team will take five kicks alternately. The team to kick first will be decided by a draw.
- If both teams scored the same number of goals after 5 free kicks each, the free kicks will continue until such a time that both teams have kicked the same number of kicks and one team scored a goal more than the other.
- Only players who were on the field of play at the end of the extra time are allowed to take part in the first five free kicks each kick will be taken by a different player. If the game is still undecided the rest of the players in the list will take part in the competition as well. A player will be allowed to kick a second time only after all the players in his team, including the goal keeper, have taken their kicks.
- Each player, who was actually playing the game when it ended, including the extra time, is allowed to replace the goalkeeper when penalty kicks are taken.
The Futsal Committee will select a Referees’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the referees of the competition.
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Rules and Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
- In the event of a discrepancy between the Regulations written here and those appearing in the "Basic Rules and Regulations", the regulations written here will apply and be binding.