FIELD HOCKEY REGULATIONS
FIELD HOCKEY REGULATIONS
Last updated 28/07/16Organization
- The Field Hockey Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Field Hockey competitions of the 20th Maccabiah.
- The Field Hockey competitions will be conducted according to the International Field Hockey (F.I.H.) Rules and Regulations.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and is registered for the Field Hockey competitions.
- Each country may enter for the Field Hockey competitions, one male and one female team consisting of up to eighteen (18) players.
- The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Field Hockey competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
- The Sport Department is authorized to change the venues and times of the competitions. These decisions will be final.
- According the International Regulations, the ball will be circumference (between 224mm and 235mm)
- The weight of the ball will be between 156gr and 163gr.
- The games will be played with International approved Field Hockey balls.
SYSTEM A: With the participation of up to 7 teams;
- The competitions will be played on a league basis of a single round robin.
- The winner of each game will be awarded three points, the loser none. In case of a draw, each team will be awarded one point.
- In the event of two teams obtaining the same number of points, the team winning the game between them will take the better place.
- In the event of more than two teams having the same number of points, classification will be made according to the number of league points gained in the games played between them, i.e., a team which gains the higher number of league points in the above mentioned games will take the higher place, and so on.
- In the event that after the above mentioned, equality still exists between teams; classification will be made according to the goal score differences of the above teams in games between the tied teams. The team obtaining the higher goal difference will be awarded the higher place.
- In the event that equality still persists, classification will be made according to the goal differential of all games played throughout the competition. The team obtaining the higher goal difference will be awarded the higher place.
- In the event that equality still persists, classification will be decided by a draw.
- The first two teams in the league will compete for the title: “20th Maccabiah Champion.”
- The teams in places 3 and 4 in the league will compete for the third place.
- The rest of the teams will be placed according to their league order.
SYSTEM B: With the participation of 8-12 teams;
- The teams will be divided into 2 groups.
- The first team in the 19th Maccabiah will head group A.
- The second team in the 19th Maccabiah will head group B.
- The teams placed third and fourth in the 19th Maccabiah will be drawn for second place in the groups. All the other teams will be placed in the groups by a draw.
- In the event that after the draw, one or more teams will not appear and a situation arises whereby a group is short of two teams, then the team drawn last will be moved from one group to another.
- Teams will be classified in their groups according to their achievements, as described in system A.
- The winning team of each group will compete against one another to determine the Champion of the 20th Maccabiah. . The team ranked second in each group will meet to determine the third and fourth places, and so on.
The draw of the teams in the groups will be a public draw.Overtime and Penalty stroke competition
- In the event of a tie scored in the Championship Round (goal or bronze medal game) , the teams will play two 10-minute sudden victory overtime periods. In the event a goal is scored, the team that scored the goal will be declared the winner.
- If the overtime period fails to determine a winner, penalty strokes will be utilized to determine the winner.
- The umpires will choose the goal to be used.
- The captains will flip a coin to decide who will take the first penalty stroke.
- Each team will nominate any five players who were playing at the end of the extra time to take the penalty strokes.
- The ten strokes will be taken alternatively. The team scoring the greater number of goals will be the winner.
- In the event of an equal number of goals being scored, the same players as the first series of strokes will continue to be taken alternative until a winner is determined.
Each team is permitted to make unlimited substitutions during any match.Umpires
The Field Hockey Committee will select an Umpires’ Committee, which in turn will appoint the umpires of the competition.General
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the "Basic Regulations", the regulations written here will apply and be binding.