Last update 29/06/16
- The Fencing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah will be responsible for the Fencing competitions of the 20th Maccabiah.
- The Fencing competitions will be conducted according to the International Fencing Rules and Regulations. The French text will be binding.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and is registered the Fencing competitions.
- Each participating country may enter up to five competitors for each of the individual events: Open, juniors boys and girls (1999-2002) and Masters (40+).
- Each participating country may enter one team of 4 competitors (3 + reserve) for the team competitions.
- In each category there must be a minimum of four (4) countries in the male competition.
- In each category there must be a minimum of three (3) countries in the female and junior competition.
Venues and times
The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Fencing competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.
System of competition
- Male: Individual and team competitions will be held in SABRE, FOIL and EPEE.
Female: Individual and team competitions will be held in SABRE, FOIL and EPEE.
- The competitions will be conducted according to F.I.E., regulations and according to the number of entries.
- Requests to change the order of classifications must be submitted to the Tournament Manager, and such changes will be implemented only with his permission.
- The Tournament Manager will announce all the names of the players and their nominated order simultaneously with each confrontation.
The Fencing Committee will select a Referees Committee, which in turn will appoint the referees of the competition.
- These regulations are but one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Rules and Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the "Basic Rules and Regulations", the regulations written here will apply and be binding.