Last update 28/07/16Organization
- A representative organizer of the Israeli Equestrian federation for the 20th
Maccabiah together with the sport department of the Maccabiah will be responsible for the Equestrian competitions of the 20th Maccabiah games.
- The Equestrian competitions will be conducted according to the International Equestrian Rules and Regulations. The English text will be binding.
- Participation in the competition is open to any athlete who is in possession of a Participant Card, issued by the Organizing Committee of the 20th Maccabiah and is registered for the Equestrian competition.
- Each participating country may enter up to ten competitors for each of the individual events. All Israeli riders also provide a qualified horse to the pool of borrowed horses.
- Each participating country may enter one team of 4 competitors (3 + reserve) for the team competitions.
- In each category there must be a minimum of three competitors.
Venues and times
The Sport department of the 20th Maccabiah will determine the venues and times of the Equestrian competitions and teams will be notified accordingly.System of competition
- Show Jumping: Individual and team competitions will be held in 1.20 m.
Dressage: Individual and team competitions will be held in, FEI Challenge Medium and Advance level.
*All discipline and level may be change due to the competitors and horses registrations.
- Competitors are encouraged to ride their own horses and there is the possibility of borrowing horses in Israel (for an additional cost of 1,000 US Dollars per horse):
- The IEF and the OC will make available the necessary number of Horses.
Horses' level will be no lower than 1.20m for Show Jumping and FEI Challenge Medium level for Dressage.
- At least 2 days before the start of the first Competition a fair draw of the borrowed Horses for each team or individual Athletes will take place after dividing the horses and riders into different groups by their level, measurements of both rider and horse ext..
- The draw must take place in front of the Chefs d'Equipe or a representative of each team, the Athletes, the President or a Member of the Ground Jury and the President of the Veterinary Commission or the Veterinary Delegate. The Horses must be present and properly identified and must wear the bridle normally used. This same bridle must be used throughout the whole Event unless the permission to change is given by the owner.
- The conditions under which the Horses are borrowed and drawn will be clearly written and send to the athletes at least a month before the start of the first Competition.
- The competitions will be conducted according to FEI regulations and according to the number of entries
Requests to change the level to compete in must be submitted to the Organize Manager at least 48 hours before the official opening of the Maccabiah.
The organizer with the confirmation of the Israel Equestrian Federation will select the referees of the competition together with MWU sport department.General
- These regulations are one part of the complete 20th Maccabiah Regulations, and must be read along with the instructions found in "Basic Rules and Regulations and Disciplinary Procedures".
- In the event of a discrepancy between the regulations written here and those appearing in the "Maccabiah Basic Regulations," the regulations written here will apply and be binding.